Delicious & Easy
Classic Collard Greens
1. Render bacon or pancetta in a large stock pot over medium high heat until almost crisp. No not remove fat.
2. Add onion, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes, then add garlic, and cook until just fragrant, about a minute.
3. Add collard greens, and fry until they start to wilt.
4. Pour in chicken broth or vegetable broth, and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes, or until greens are tender and no longer bitter.
6. Serve with hot sauce on the side.