Delicious & Easy
Roasted Brussels Sprout-Meyer Lemon Pasta with Parmesan Breadcrumbs
STEP 1: ROAST YOUR SPROUTS
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Toss halved Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
2. Arrange cut-side-down on a baking sheet.
3. Roast for 30-40 minutes or until outter leaves are crispy and the sprouts are fork tender.
4. Adjust seasonings to taste and set aside.
STEP 2: FRY YOUR PANKO
1.Preheat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
2. Combine panko, Parmesan, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder, then add to the pan, tossing the mixture in the oil. Stir and toss constantly to avoid burning until the crumbs are golden brown, just a few minutes.
3. Remove pan from heat and transfer crumbs to a paper towel lined bowl or plate. Set aside.
STEP3: MAKE YOUR PASTA
1. Bring salted water to a boil in a large pasta pot. Cook pasta until al dente (according to package reccomendations).
2. Reserving 1/2 cup of cooking water, then drain pasta and leave in strainer.
4. Whisk together lemon juice, Parmesan, olive oil, salt, and pepper in pasta pot; add drained pasta to along with sliced basil and toss well to combine.
STEP 4: BRING IT ALL TOGETHER
1. Fold roasted Brussels sprouts into pasta.
2. Add pasta water little by little until it forms a saucey consistancy.
3. Serve topped with toasted breadcrumbs.