Delicious & Easy
DIY Spicy-Sweet Ketchup
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes or until softened, but not brown.
2. Add brown sugar, paprika, allspice, and cloves and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar melts.
3. Turn up the heat to medium and add vinegar and tomato paste. Cook for about 3 minutes, until the mixture has thickened.
4. Add tomato sauce and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until very thick.
5.Transfer mixture to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Store in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to two weeks.