Delicious & Easy
Little Lion Swiss Chard Gratin
Prepare the Chard
1. Sauté chard briefly in heated olive oil until chard leaves are soft.
2. Using microplane or grater, shave in clove garlic and lightly brown. Set aside.
Make the Bechamel
1. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in saucepan over medium-low heat. Add ¼ cup flour and cook until mixture is lightly browned.
2. Whisk in 4 cups warm milk. Bring to a boil and and cook until sauce thickens, stirring constantly. Add salt, white pepper to taste, and a sprinkle of nutmeg
Pull it Together
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In ovenproof dish, layer the chard, bechamel, prosciutto, and mozzarella. Bake until mozzarella is browned on top.
3. Serve warm with slices of bread or toast points.