Delicious & Easy
True Food Kitchen Squash Pie
- Cut squash in half from end to end and remove seeds. Place on parchment paper, cut side down, and roast in 325° oven for 45 to 60 minutes, until squash is tender. Remove skin. This is now what you want to measure 4 cups of for the recipe.
- Combine all ingredients (except the crust) in a large plastic container.
- With an immersion blender, blend until completely smooth.
- Pour mixture into pre-set pie shell.
- Bake at 325° for 25 minutes. Rotate pan and continue to bake for 25 to 30 more minutes.
- Bake pie until it reaches 175° internal temperature. Let cool at room temperature for 1 hour.
Graham Pie Crust
- Combine oat flour, buckwheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and sugar. Mix well.
- Add coconut milk, water, and vanilla bean past. Mix until dough starts to come together.
- Scrape sides of bowl and continue mixing until dough is smooth and consistent.
- Roll between 2 sheets of parchment paper until it is slightly bigger than the pie mold.
- Dust rolling pin with gluten-free flour before using to pick up and transfer to pie mold.
- Lightly brush mold with oil.
- Press dough into pie mold evenly, then dock dough with fork.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes before filling and baking.